This morning, the Bureau of Labor Statistics released the findings from the most recent Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey (JOLTS). The April JOLTS report provides more insight into the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Here is a summary of key data from the April Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey:
- Job openings: 5.0 million
- People hired: 3.5 million
- People who left their jobs (total): 9.9 million
- People who left their jobs (voluntarily quit): 1.8 million
- People who left their jobs (layoffs and discharges): 7.7 million
As economic conditions change, Robert Half has a number of blog posts that offer advice on everything from leading your team through uncertainty to finding a job, locating skilled talent and managing your time when working from home.
Resources for employers
- Why a Flexible Staffing Strategy Is Especially Crucial Now
- How to Hire an Employee: 6 Tips to Head Off Hiring Headaches
- 8 Tips for Conducting a Remote Interview
- How to Manage a Remote Team
- 5 Tips for Managing Change in the Workplace
Robert Half can quickly help if you’re hiring remote or on-site workers. We have skilled talent available ASAP, whether you need one person or an entire project team. Request talent now.
Resources for job seekers and professionals working remotely
- How to Answer, ‘Why Do You Want to Work Here?’
- How to Find Remote Work Without Leaving Home
- Top Video Job Interview Tips
- How to Write Thank-You Emails After Interviews
- 8 Realistic Tips for Time Management When Working from Home
Skilled professionals are in demand in any economy. Search jobs now to find your next role.